U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance continues to move the dialogue forward between farmers and ranchers and key influencers and consumers, answering questions and bringing to light how food is grown and raised. On June 20-21, 2012, farmers and ranchers head to Los Angeles – the entertainment capital of the world – for the second Food Dialogues event. Four separate discussions – held over two days – will bring together entertainment movers and shakers, chefs, academics, large restaurant operators, journalists, local leaders, farmers and ranchers for an in-depth conversation about food.
University of California, Los Angeles will provide the backdrop for the live-streamed event, entitled, “The Great Debate: Science, Technology and Food,” on Thursday, June 21 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. PDT. Panel experts will discuss the role science and technology play in agriculture, including the technologies farmers and ranchers are using to produce food while protecting the environment and more. Watch the live-stream with us at www.FoodDialogues.com, and/or follow us on Twitter using #FoodD.
Several leading scientists and academics, farmers, ranchers and thought-leaders will participate in the discussion, including:
- Michael Specter (Journalist/Author, “Denialism”) – moderator
- Karen Ross • Secretary of California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Dr. Bob Goldberg • UCLA, Department of Molecular, Cell, Developmental Biology
- Dan Dooley • Senior Vice President, external affairs, University of California
- Katie Pratt • Farmer/Rancher & Illinois Farm Families
- Stuart Woolf • Farmer/Rancher, Woolf Farms
- Richard Smith • California wine grape grower
- Eric Holst • Managing Director of Environmental Defense Fund's Working Lands Program
- Tim Nilsen • Farmer/Rancher, Nilsen Farms
- Neil Moseley • Owner and Operator, Pleasant Acre Farms (natural growing vegetable farm)
Do you have questions for this panel discussion? Share them with via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and make plans to participate in the Twitter feed (#FoodD) during the event and view the discussion live on FoodDialogues.com. To view the lineup for all four panel discussions, visit: http://www.fooddialogues.com/la-event.