- Elisabeth Leamy, journalist, author and Dr. OZ consumer and investigative correspondent View Full Bio
Elisabeth Leamy is a nationally-known journalist, author, speaker and spokesperson. After 20+ years of speaking into a camera to millions, she loves speaking to live audiences of thousands. After all, when you communicate through a camera, you don’t know if you’re giving your viewers what they need, but when you speak in person, the feedback is immediate and electrifying.
Elisabeth’s inspirational keynote is "Lights, Camera, Action: 10 Secrets to Career Success.” She also speaks on “How to Pitch so the Media Pays Attention” and “A 13-Time Emmy-Winner Teaches You To Craft Vibrant Videos” plus “How To Save BIG Money Instead of Small.”
Meanwhile, Elisabeth’s TV career continues. She joined the Dr. Oz show in 2013 as a consumer and investigative correspondent. And she hosts the You Tube show “Free For All,” which uncovers fantastic free offers for consumers. Elisabeth is a featured Money Columnist for ABCNews.com. Previously, she was the Consumer Correspondent for ABC News, contributing to Good Morning America, World News, Nightline and 20/20.
Elisabeth is the author of two books. Her most recent is “Save Big: Cut Your Top 5 Costs and Save Thousands.” Her first book was “The Savvy Consumer: How to Avoid Scams and Rip-Offs That Cost You Time and Money.”
Before going national, Elisabeth worked at local stations in Washington, DC, Tampa, FL and Bakersfield, CA. She has been honored with 13 Emmy Awards and four Edward R. Murrow Awards.
Elisabeth prepared for all this action with a Master’s in Journalism from Northwestern University and a Bachelor’s in Rhetoric and Mass Communication from The University of California at Berkeley. She grew up in Marin County California and now lives in Washington, DC with her husband and young daughter.
- Michael Dimock, president of Roots of Change
- Mike Donahue, Chief brand and communications officer of LYFE Kitchen
- Alan Moskowitz, Director, Communispace
- Emily Paster, food writer, West of the Loop
- Connie Tipton, CEO, International Dairy Foods Association
- Chuck Wirtz, Iowa pork producer from Whittemore, Iowa
- Clarke Caywood, professor and tenured member of the Integrated Marketing Communications Department, Northwestern University
- Dawn Caldwell, family farmer from Edgar, Neb.; Communications Manager for the Aurora Cooperative; Lady of Ag blogger