NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The USFRA “I am the Future…” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to Future Farmers of America (“FFA”) members aged 13 and older, who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. Employees of U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance (“USFRA” or “Sponsor”), AMR, Ketchum, Inc. (“Ketchum”) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, dealers, distributors, licensees or agents, advertising and promotional agencies, and all such employees’ immediate family members and those living in the same household of each such employee (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes Submission Phase begins at 8:00 a.m. ET on Feb. 18, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Feb. 28, 2014 (“Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Visit http://www.FoodDialogues.com (“Website”) during the Entry Period and follow the instructions to complete and submit the registration form and copy/paste your submission. Your submission should genuinely communicate your role in the future of agriculture (“Theme”). Your submission should be in the form of an essay (not to exceed 400 words) ("Submission"). Submissions must be submitted in English. All entries must be submitted electronically by visiting the Website.
Submit via webform on www.fooddialogues.com/farmland-sweepstakes
Limit: 400 words
In addition, by entering, entrants represent and warrant that their Submissions are original; do not infringe any other person’s or entity’s rights; do not contain personal information about any individual (other than entrant); and have not been submitted previously in a contest of any kind.
Submissions must not be inappropriate, indecent, obscene or disparaging to organizations or individuals as determined by Sponsor or its partners in its sole discretion. Submissions must pertain to agriculture and genuinely convey entrant’s role in the future of agriculture. Proof of entry or sending is not proof of receipt. All entries, including Submissions become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor shall have a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, display, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, and publish any or all of the Submissions entered, and may use them in any media, worldwide and in perpetuity, without attribution or compensation to the entrant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity. Entry of a Submission in this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s irrevocable assignment, conveyance and transference to Sponsor of all rights, titles and interests in the Submission, including, without limitation, all copyrights.
You must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed Submissions are eligible.
Limit ONE (1) entry per FFA member. Duplicate entries by the same FFA member may disqualify the entrant.
4. DETERMINATION OF WINNER:
One (1) winner (“Winner”) will be randomly chosen from all eligible entries received on or about March 5, 2014. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. By entering the Sweepstakes, you fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL WINNER HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Each selected potential Winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential Winner will be notified by mail, email or phone on or around March 5, 2014. Each potential Winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to execute and return to Administrator, within five (5) calendar days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential Winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential Winner of the Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate potential Winner.
7. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify the Winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the finalists and/or Winner’s name, age, address (city, state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission, any statements made by Winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, and/or prize information for contextual, advertising, and promotional purposes worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation or notice and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law.
There will be one (1) Winner, who will receive a trip to Washington, D.C. for Winner and two (2) guests (each a “Guest”):
- Up to three (3) roundtrip airfare (coach class) tickets to Washington, D.C, departing from the airport deemed the most appropriate from the Winner’s home by Sponsor. If Winner is under eighteen (18) and/or a minor in state of residence, at least one Guest must be a parent or guardian of Winner.
- Ground transportation for Winner and Guests in Washington, D.C., to/from airport and to/from documentary screening. One (1) hotel room in Washington, D.C. for three (3) persons for two (2) nights, at a hotel designated by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Taxes, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein responsibility of Winner. Travel and accommodations subject to availability; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Winner must travel between March 24, 2014 through March 26, 2014, or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate. Winner and Guests must travel on the same itinerary and Guest must sign travel release prior to ticketing. Any Guest must be of the age of majority unless the Winner is Guest’s parent or legal guardian. Sponsor is not liable for delays, cancellation or unforeseen events related to the flights. Winner and Guests will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the travel prize packages. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize: $3,000, but actual value may vary depending on air flight fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
All expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of Winner. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
9. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Released Entities (as defined below) assume no responsibility for electronic hardware, programming or software malfunctions, or failures, or line connections, accessibility or availability, or technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information. Released Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, including to select the Winner for the Sweepstakes from the entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Sweepstakes, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
10. RELEASE. Entrants, by participating in this Sweepstakes, hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, AMR, Ketchum, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (“Released Entities”), from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, including death, personal injury, and property damage, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize in the Sweepstakes, or their participation in the Sweepstakes, or their participation in any Sweepstakes or prize related activity, or any travel related to the Sweepstakes or any travel for any prize related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Winner also further acknowledges that Sponsor, their affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, officers, directors, and Sweepstakes and advertising agencies have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Sweepstakes including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12. DISPUTES; GOVERNING LAW. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
13. LIST OF WINNERS. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by April 1, 2014 to:
I Am the Future – Winners’ List;
c/o Elizabeth Stanula, Ketchum,
200 E. Randolph, 36th Floor,
Chicago, IL 60601.
14. SPONSOR. U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance, Inc., 16020 Swingley Ridge Road, Suite 300 Chesterfield, MO 63017.