Experts discussed what consumers look for when making food-purchasing decisions; Event available for viewing at www.FoodDialogues.com
CHESTERFIELD, MO. (June 19, 2013) – Today at The Food Dialogues℠: Chicago, the U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance® (USFRA®) hosted a discussion, entitled, “Transparency and Food: Our responsibility to make information available to today’s consumer” at Kendall College School of Culinary Arts. Celebrity Chef and Nutritionist Ellie Krieger moderated a robust dialogue with farmers, ranchers, industry experts, pundits and media about one of America’s biggest food issues – the type of information consumers are looking for when making food-purchasing decisions.
The panelist line-up included:
- David Fikes, Food Marketing Institute Director Consumer/Community Affairs and Social Responsibility
- Will Gilmer, dairyman, Lamar County, Ala.
- Gene Kahn, former president and CEO, Cascadian Farms
- Jayson Lusk, University of Oklahoma agriculture economist and author, “The Food Police”
- Lynn Martz, rancher, Martz Family Farm, Maple Park, Ill.
- Kathleen Merrigan, former U.S. Deputy Secretary of Agriculture
- Bo Stone, farmer, P & S Farms, Rowland, NC
- Brad Nelson, Marriott International, Corporate Chef and Vice President of Culinary
The discussion streamed online at www.fooddialogues.com, and a high-volume, productive conversation also played out on Twitter, using #FoodD.
For more information on this event, and to watch today’s discussion, visit www.fooddialogues.com. Follow USFRA on Twitter @USFRA using #FoodD or on its Facebook page, www.facebook.com/usfarmersandranchers.
About The Food Dialogues
The Food Dialogues signature events are designed to bring together farmers, ranchers, industry experts, pundits, media and consumers for dynamic panel discussions on some of today’s most pressing topics related to food and food production. Since its launch in 2011, the U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance has hosted five major events, including 13 panels across the country that streamed live online.
About U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance (USFRA)
U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance (USFRA) consists of nearly 80 farmer- and rancher-led organizations and agricultural partners representing virtually all aspects of agriculture working to engage in dialogues with consumers who have questions about how today’s food is grown and raised. USFRA is committed to continuous improvement and supporting U.S. farmers and ranchers efforts to increase confidence and trust in today’s agriculture.
- Lisa Cassady, USFRA, firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.749.5408
- Dan Mahoney, Ketchum on behalf of USFRA, email@example.com or 415.984.6238
This press release was wholly or partially funded by one or more Checkoff programs.