1. Introduction and Acceptance of Terms
3. Types of Information Collected and Uses of that Information
We collect two types of information about users of the Website: personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information.
- Personally Identifiable Information
What it is. Personally identifiable information (personal information) is information that identifies a specific user. When you engage in certain activities through the Website, such as signing up for our email newsletter, registering for an event, or making a donation, we will ask you to provide certain information. It is optional for you to engage in these activities. However, if you chose to engage in these activities, we may ask you to provide certain personal information about yourself, such as your first and last name, postal address, email address, telephone number and, if applicable, payment information. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide will be identified as mandatory and some will be identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for an activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
What it is. Non-personally identifiable information is information that does not identify a specific user. This type of information may include things like the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website you visited before coming to the Website, the URL of the website you visit after leaving the Website, the type of browser you are using and your Internet Protocol address. We, and/or authorized third-party service providers may automatically collect this information when you visit the Website through the use of electronic tools like Cookies and Web beacons or Pixel tags, as described below.
How we use it. We may use non-personally identifiable information to administer the Website, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities.
4. Release of Information and Security
Except as set forth below, we will not willfully disclose or share your personal information with a third party without first receiving your permission.
- We may share your information with Authorized Service Providers. We may provide some of our services through third-parties. These service providers perform functions on our behalf, like providing technical support or processing donation payments. We may share your personal information with such service providers in order to fulfill your requests or operate the Website.
We maintain reasonable safeguards in order to protect the personal information which we collect. However, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will remain completely secure.
5. User Choices; Reviewing and Correcting Information
- Providing Personal Information. As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide personal information, although it may be required to engage in certain activities on the Website.
- Reviewing, Updating and Deleting Personal Information. You may review or update your personal information, have it deleted and withdraw permission for its continued use by us by emailing us or writing to us at the address found below. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
- Opting out of Emails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails that we send from time to time. You cannot, however, opt out of “administrative” emails – emails that relate to your activity on the Website, such as a response to your request for technical support. If you do not want us to send you promotional emails, email us or write us at the address found below or follow the opt-out information at the bottom of any of our promotional emails. Please note that opting out of our promotional emails will only affect future communications.
7. Public Areas
8. Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents
Under California law, users who are California residents are entitled to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) that we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request by email or standard mail at the address set forth below.
9. International Use
10. Contacting Us
You may contact us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), regular mail (U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance., Attention: Randy Krotz, CEO, 16020 Swingley Ridge Road, Suite 300 Chesterfield, MO 63017) or telephone (636) 449-5086).